Lokuttara cittas are supramundane consciousness. Lokuttara is a Pali word. It means greater than worldly things, higher than worldly thing, beyond worldly thing or supramundane.
These states of supramundane consciousness are possessed by those who have developed insight into the three aspects of existence — impermanence, unsatisfactoriness, and no-self. As a result of this insight, such a person passes beyond the level of a worldling and becomes a Noble One (ariya)
18 Oct 2012 19:56
- What eradicates defilements?
- Why are there not more ways leading to nibbana?
- What is right understanding?
- What defilements has the sotāpanna eradicated?
- What is exactly a latent tendency?
- How many types of lokuttara citta are there in all?
- What is exactly nibbana?
- Is nibbana the annihilation of life?
- What is the object of lokuttara citta?
- How often can lokuttara cittas arise?