Question: What should one do in order to live according to the Buddhist
Answer: One should develop right undrstanding of the teachings by reading,
considering and discussing. One should apply the teachings in one’s life as
best as one can.
Question: When one develops understanding is one not preoccupied only
with one’s own mental progress and is this not a selfish attitude?
Answer: No, one develops more understanding of the world in and around
oneself. The self is not a reality. As understanding develops there will be less
concern about the self. We have accumulated such an amount of ignorance
and this conditions many kinds of defilements. When ignorance is eliminated
there will be less unwholesomeness and this is beneficial for oneself and for
the people around oneself.
- Why one has to learn to understand seeing and hearing?
- How can a beginner have right understanding of realities?
- Do you apply yourself to meditation?
- Is it not the self which performs deeds?
- What do you mean by understanding seeing as only a reality?
- How can one be aware of realities?
- What is visible object?
- What is tangible object?
- Can you explain more what realities are?
- Which teaching teaches the right Path?