Question: What do you mean by understanding seeing as only a reality?
Answer: One begins to understand that there is not my seeing which can
stay on and which is so important. The idea of self cannot be eradicated
immediately, but one begins to see that there are realities appearing one at a
time. One begins to understand that seeing or visible object can only arise
when there are conditions for their arising and that one cannot control them.
Realities are beyond control, they cannot arise because of anyone’s wish.
Also, awareness and understanding are realities which can only arise when
there are the right conditions, they are beyond control. Beyond control is
another way of saying that there is “only a reality”. The realities of our lives
are momentary and insignificant. They arise and then disappear forever.
- Why one has to learn to understand seeing and hearing?
- How can a beginner have right understanding of realities?
- Do you apply yourself to meditation?
- Is it not the self which performs deeds?
- What should one do to live according to the Buddhist teachings?
- How can one be aware of realities?
- What is visible object?
- What is tangible object?
- Can you explain more what realities are?
- Which teaching teaches the right Path?